Join an industry-leading, fast-growing marketing team that’s partnering with our non-profit, association and B2B clients to make a difference for wildlife conservation, cancer research and other causes you can get behind. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll lead by example while helping our team members grow through your knowledge of the digital marketing landscape, trends, tools and all that good stuff.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly focused, and can work at a strategic level while also executing on a tactical level. You offer a strong background in a broad range of channels, including Facebook advertising, Google and Bing advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization and analytics. You bring together an eye for impactful, creative development and storytelling – with a natural ability to communicate your vision and execute your ideas.
We’re a full-service digital agency in the heart of Washington, DC. Founded in 2001, we wanted to bring a strategy-based approach to digital development and marketing campaigns. Our marketing team leverages multi-channel, multi-touch strategies to create online engagement and ultimately, leads generated, money raised or members joined. We’ve partnered with amazing clients – including Special Olympics, Wilderness Society, Defenders of Wildlife, Red Cross, Lupus Foundation, ASCO and ACOG.
Talent and passion matter more than long resumes, but here’s the type of skills we’re looking for:
- Partner with internal teams to bring great campaigns to life across all digital channels.
- Develop complex conversion-focused campaigns across paid social and paid search (PPC) from the ground up and execute the day-to-day management.
- Track data and analytics to measure ROI and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Lead recommendations for and carefully execute all aspects of email marketing.
- Support our digital fundraising teams.
- Conduct organic search optimization for client projects and be able to proactively recommend next steps based on past performance.
- Collaborate with account executives to proactively identify areas of opportunity with existing clients.
- Regularly develop blog content for the Interactive Strategies blog.
- Act as a leader within the marketing team and be able to contribute to the overall knowledge of the team.
Our company culture and benefits are designed to support a simple idea: "Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy." We give our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Company-paid health and dental insurance
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Profit sharing
- 3+ weeks of vacation/sick time from day 1. 4+ weeks after year 3.
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with employer match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities