Do you look at websites and think “I could’ve designed that better.” Do you have strong opinions on fonts, color palettes, and layouts? Does it bother you when a door has a pull-style handle that you need to push to open?
Interactive Strategies is looking for smart, ambitious, artistically-minded students to join our summer program as Design/UX interns. You’ll get to experience what it’s like to really work at a full-service digital agency in heart of downtown Washington, DC. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we’ll provide opportunities for you to collaborate with our senior staff, attend client meetings, create actual client deliverables, build your portfolio—and learn a ton of cool stuff that you can’t get from a classroom.
As a Design/UX intern, you should have a strong interest in learning how to craft websites, apps, and digital marketing campaigns. You should be able to take instruction well, work efficiently and be a team player. You should also be a self-starter who’s looking to add value. Depending on client needs, you may be working with many of our internal teams, including marketing, strategy, operations, content and design.
On a day-to-day basis, our interns will report to our Lead Designer. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Brainstorming for website deliverables and marketing campaigns
- Developing design assets for websites, and marketing and social media campaigns
- Conducting strategy research, stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis
- Preparing UX deliverables, sitemaps, wireframes, user flows, etc.
- Assisting with internal agency marketing, new business and operations
- Helping to develop tools and systems to improve internal processes
- Working on an internal project to be presented to the company at the conclusion of the internship
Interactive Strategies is looking for an undergraduate student or recent graduate who is available at least 20 hours/week to work from our Washington, DC office. Candidates should have an online portfolio of work samples (such as class projects) and be prepared to speak to them. Interactive Designers and UX professionals can come from a variety of educational backgrounds, so the specific degree or education program is less important than your ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, creative curiosity, strategic mind and artistic sensibility. Experience with design/UX software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Axure is strongly preferred. Writing, photography and illustration skills are a plus.
Please include a link to your online portfolio when you apply.