If you are someone who thinks strategically, creates innovative web-based solutions to complex problems and enjoys conducting user-driven research, then you'll find a special home at Interactive Strategies. Everything we do revolves around providing our clients deep strategic thinking grounded in client discovery and research.
As our new Senior Digital Strategist & User Researcher you will be deeply involved in our Strategy process, including leading client stakeholders interviews, conducting market research, providing competitive analysis and brainstorming information architecture and wireframes for a multitude of websites. You will then be the glue that brings together our designers, copywriters, developers and marketers to deliver comprehensive and integrated website strategies. And you'll be doing it for some exciting and meaningful clients who want to push boundaries, including the Red Cross, Wilderness Society, RCN, Bloomberg and more.
We are looking for individuals who are skilled in the full spectrum of strategy skills who will:
- Apply client discovery, user research, and competitive analysis to devise comprehensive and integrated digital strategies for our clients.
- Develop detailed strategy documentation including personas, user journeys, competitive analysis, information architecture and user experience.
- Work with our Design/UX team to express the user experience as wireframes.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure we are delivering on the strategic plan throughout the design and development process. This means working with internal team members across disciplines to ensure that everyone has a clear picture of project goals and is meeting our clients' objectives.
- Communicate often and build strong client relationships. At the end of the day, you are someone who can provide our clients with a positive and effortless experience.
- Identify new strategies and business opportunities within existing client accounts.
- Participate in the new business process to develop client proposals and presentations.
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline process so we can produce better work while improving efficiency.
Qualities you bring to the table...
- Strategic. You understand content is central to a positive user experience, from navigation to user interface to the words on the page.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and produce content strategies, campaigns and copy that engage, motivate and inspire.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that canny ability to always think one step ahead and see where the world is headed.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or making client presentations.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You’re a breath of fresh air. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, "Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy." This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you’re at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
We allow our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions. In that spirit, we offer the following benefits:
- Company-paid health and dental insurance
- Profit sharing
- 3+ weeks vacation/sick time from day one; 4+ weeks after year 3
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with employer match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
A little about us
We're a well-respected interactive agency in downtown Washington, DC, known for deep strategic thinking. We strive to cultivate a collaborative, innovative environment where people feel valued, respected, and free to push creative boundaries—all while finding balance between work, home, and life outside the office.