If you are a creative problem-solver who enjoys facilitating cross-team communication and collaboration amidst gathering and analyzing detailed functional requirements, then the Technical Business Analyst role at Interactive Strategies is for you. Everything we do centers around providing our clients with deep strategic thinking mixed with lasting technology solutions.
As our new Technical Business Analyst, you will work with a talented team of account managers, designers, developers and digital marketers to create the technical components of our web projects, including carefully documenting project functional and technical requirements and providing QA oversight. Your experience evaluating, coordinating and creating deliverables will be critical to guiding the pathway forward for our internal teams to collaborate, as well as, the voice of reason that educates our clients. And you'll be doing it for some exciting and meaningful clients who want to push boundaries, including the Red Cross, Wilderness Society, RCN, Bloomberg and more.
- Meet with clients to intimately understand their goals and functional requirements, especially as they relate to technical issues
- Perform critical analysis on information consolidated from multiple sources, identify and resolve conflicts, and break down high-level information into detailed, workable technical requirements for development teams
- Participates in integration testing, user acceptance testing (UAT) and functionality testing
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
- Coordinate activities and tasks through Confluence and JIRA, including scrum master tasks and other best practices conducted during agile development
- Create user-interface flow diagrams that help visually demonstrate system architecture and requirements
- Serve as a cross-check during the development of wireframes to ensure they do not pose undue technical challenges later in the development process
- Develop documentation that effectively translates proposed wireframes into detailed functional and technical requirements
- Review development deliverables to ensure they meet requirements and quality standards
While we value your analyst skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally important. Therefore, we’re looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Strategic. You understand communication is at the heart of creating a positive client experience and can maneuver through challenging situations with ease.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem-solve with clients.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that canny ability to always think one step ahead and avoid problems before they happen.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or making client presentations.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You’re a breath of fresh air. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, "Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy." This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you’re at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
We allow our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions. In that spirit, we offer the following benefits:
- Company-paid health and dental insurance
- Profit sharing
- 3+ weeks of vacation/sick time from day one; 4+ weeks after year 3
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with employer match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
A little about us
We're a well-respected interactive agency in downtown Washington, DC, known for deep strategic thinking. We strive to cultivate a collaborative, innovative environment where people feel valued, respected, and free to push creative boundaries—all while finding balance between work, home, and life outside the office.